Thursday, December 31, 2009

5 x 800 / 4 x 200

Objective: 5 x 800 @ 2:20 with 400 jog recovery then 4 x 200 at 30 sec with 200 jog recovery.

Keenyans: Me, Andy, Mark, Pete, Greg, Steve, Jarod and Jeff Goupil. Also some of the Keene High Boys (Kelsey, Alec, and Sam)

Result:
2:24 / 2:19 / 2:20 / 2:20 / 2:19
31 / 30 / 30 / 29

Overview: It was a great turnout for our group. I didn't feel like I was on during this workout and chased Pete and Mark most of the efforts. The road wasn't all of the way clear and there was some slippery spots which we had to run single track. It is still better than any other option. Afterwards we headed to Armadillos for a post workout treat. My next appearance will be this weekend at BU (my first indoor meet). I am still on the fence about what I will do but am leaning towards a 3k 1 mile double.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Justin,
    I just got my issue of NE Runner. Congrats on being named runner of the year for Vermont. Have a great New Year's.
    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's news to me. I don't get that magazine.

    ReplyDelete