Saturday, August 20, 2011

8 Mile warm up w/ 8 miles @ Goal MP

Objective : 8- 10 mile warmup @ 6 minute pace followed by 8 miles @ Goal MP

Recovery :  8 minutes to switch from trainers to racers and get some fuel.

Result :

8 mile warmup : 47:54
Race : 5:03 / 5:20 / 5:15 / 5:23 / 5:23 / 5:33 / 5:31 / 5:20

Overview : I was a bit nervous about this task.  My mileage is getting up there, for me, and I am starting to feel the effects.  All part of the process.  I wanted to do the full ten miles but was running late and didn't have time to get it in before the gun went off.  I think the timeline gave me the extra pressure to get it done.  Wilson Perez put on a class "AAA" event (unlike our countries credit rating).  The venue was perfect and the event went smoothly.  I think he should consider a bid for a grand prix next year.  The course is comparable to Stowe (in my opinion harder) and it is a good destination.  The last part of the race is wicked challenging and it would be interesting to see how it played out.  I don't think anyone in New England would be disappointed.  Anyway,  I think I accomplished my task and had a really good time catching up with some of my mates (Pete, Pipp, Chirp, Heidi, and Wilson) I also made a new friend Nate.  Back to chasing miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment