Wednesday, May 12, 2010

6 x Mile

Objective : 6 x mile @ 4:50

Recovery : 400 meter jog recovery

Keenyans : Me, Mark, Andy, Greg, Brad, Erin, James, Dan (Steve Chabot showed up late)

Result :

4:46 / 4:52 / 4:49 / 4:50 / 4:46 / 4:39

Overview : Great day for a workout. The air was cool and the wind was mild. I was looking forward to this workout and knew it would be tough. Initially, I was going to do it with 73 sec recovery (I may have to build up to that). I am very excited about how things are playing out. I feel like the last cycle has been the ride of a life time. I have been training with some great athletes and made some really good friends along the way. This just reiterates one of my favorite quotes: "Running adds life to your years, not years to your life." Anyways, afterwards we again, all went to Armadillos and ran into Michael from 3C Race Productions. He was on his way delivering tee's to the next big event.

5 comments:

  1. I feel strong. I am ready to rock man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your attitude and your fitness are ready to combine for a great run at VCM, but first I think you've got a course record at Bedford to dominate! (If you decide to run all out just a week before the marathon)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it wasn't effortless, but you sure made those 4:50 mile repeats look easy. It was fun just trying to keep pace with you for 1 or 2 laps per mile. You really have a great mix of speed, endurance, attitude and dedication. Just a couple of weeks to go, I know you are ready for it.

    ReplyDelete