Thursday, April 1, 2010

3 x 1200

Objective : 3 x 1200

Keenyans : Me, Greg, Andy, Mark, Boj, and James

Recovery : 400m recovery up to 3 minutes

Result :

3:20 / 3:22 / 3:21

Overview : I am glad to get something good in. It seems like it has been awhile. The other guys did 4 efforts but I wanted to keep it simple and hit my numbers. I also wanted to leave some in the tank for this Saturday. Andy and I are going to do Ben Nephew's tempo long run. It should be epic. I hope to see others next week. Same time same place (4:30 Keene High). I love to route for others.

2 comments:

  1. What is Ben Nephew's tempo/long run? Sounds scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am honored! However, the credit has to go to Mr. Khannouchi, and I'm sure he got the idea from someone else. Matt, the guys are going to do a pretty long run at as close to marathon pace as possible, then crank the pace down the last 3-4 miles. I interested to see what the pace will be. ALthough I know it is hard to get away from the hills up there, it might be good to try to something similar to the Burlington course. People that train on the Boston course tend to do well, and I think course specific training helps for just about everything.

    Good luck!

    Ben

    ReplyDelete