Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Epic Battle

Today was an epic battle between me and the elements. I left work a little early because of the holiday/weather. I didn't want the snow to stop before I had a chance to play. I started the day with my 6 mile jaunt South on Route 5. The roads were very dry and temp was managable. The run home on the other hand was a completely different story. I passed the remnants of three car wrecks. One of them was a truck with both back wheels entirely off the ground and verticle over the front. The cab was in a creek! I slowed down to check if anyone was inside and thankfully there wasn't. They must have already reported the accident because a few minutes up the road the wrecker was coming. The snow was coming down pretty hard and I loved every second of it. I couldn't keep my face clear from snow and my eyelashes kept freezing shut. My footing was horrible as well but everything just contributed to the fun. The total milage home was 14 miles which puts my total for the day at 20. My total count for the week is 69 miles, well on my way to my goal. I am pretty fatigued but still feel healthy and motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment