Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2 x 200/400/800

Objective: 2 x 2/4/8

Keenyans: Me, Greg, BoJo, James, Jeff Goupil, and Dan Fyffe. (Andy was ill and Mark in California).

Result:

30 / 63 / 2:13
29 / 59 / 2:15

Objective: I wanted to do 3 sets of these but the 59 made me revise my plan. I was limiting my recovery and wasn't the same for the final 800. Things would have gotten ugly quick. There is something about a lactic acid sandwich that can put things into perspective (Greg's line). I did like the fact that I changed it up a bit and went quicker than usual. The other guys did 8 x 200 and Goupil did some kind of 600 workout (I think). Overall I feel it was an OK workout. It was over so fast. Quite a contrast to the last couple of weeks. Afterwards we headed over to Armadillos to get some grub. We ran into Road Ace, Wilson Perez getting his own burrito. I love Keene.

2 comments:

  1. i've been back running for a week since my back injury at Dartmouth. I'm planning on getting back into the wed training runs next week. Then I travel 2 out of the next 3 wednesday's. I appreciate your posts and want the group is up to. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing you Wednesday. My Dad has joined the group. He may be a good partner for you.

    ReplyDelete