Friday, November 27, 2009

Track/Cranberry Run

Objective: 8 x 200 @ 32 secs with full recovery
Keeneyans: Andy, Greg, Sam Kent, Me
(Andy did 4 because he wanted to focus on his race on Thursday)
Result:
32 sec
33 sec
30 sec
32 sec
31 sec
32 sec
33 sec
31 sec
Overview: We accomplished what we wanted to do which was just stretch it out. The efforts were very easy and it felt good. I look forward to some more aggressive workouts soon.

Cranberry Run

I headed into Keene for the 31st Annual Cranberry Run. It was good to see a lot of the Keene High Boys show up to race the 4.5 miles. I think it was a record year for attendance with over 300 runners. A usual a few ambitious runners took it out at a blistering pace. I caught up to them about half a mile into the race and ran solo for the remainder of the coarse. I was really curious to see how I felt so I didn't hold anything back. This is the fastest I have run in over a month. I felt pretty good and think the 200's Wednesday helped out. In the end I finished in 23:16 (5:11 mpm). It is 11 seconds slower than last year but I am actually more pleased because of all the long races I have done recently. Starting to get motivated!



No comments:

Post a Comment