Friday, May 29, 2009

Shake Out/Schedule

Yesterday I did a 5 mile shake out and felt pretty flat. I intend to take it easy a couple more days and try to run well on Sunday at Pack Monadnock. Mentally I am ready for the hills and some faster paced racing but will have to listen to my body and just be patient (something that does not come naturally for me). I have decided instead of a track workout next Wednesday I will give the Hollis Fast 5K a shot. I suspect the fast course may give me some confidence and hopefully good prep for Rhody.

1 comment:

  1. Not surprising you feel flat. A lot of that can just be all the mental energy you expended getting ready for the big race and now the race is over. Give yourself time and you will be kicking butt this Spring/Summer (and beyond).

    ReplyDelete